Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 was quite fine. I not only celebrated my SECOND consecutive Halloween out of the hospital but I have done and said things that I have never done or said on a Halloween before.
Halloween in Florida is so different that Halloween in Utah. Jack and I got to go to a trunk or treat with mom and dad on Friday. They were dressed as Mary Poppins and Bert. They were so great they stayed in character all night .
I was Peter Pan and Jack was Captain Hook of course. Jason was going to be Smee but was unable to come with us because of school. I was going to be Tinkerbell but could not find an adult Tinkerbell costume that fit. So I put this together last minute for Jack. What I will do for a cute boy. I got so HOT in long sock and long sleeve shirt. That is not something I have ever been..dying of heat on Halloween.

It was a great party at the church with a fun dinner decorated so cute. They had a carnival for kids and a haunted stage as well. My mom and I sent Jack and my dad through and I think it was a little too much for a 3 year old. We felt so bad sending him through. But he was so excited standing in line with the big kids. This is the first year I had been to a trunk or treat and it was great. Bert took Captain Hook to get candy and Mary Poppins passed candy out of her carpet bag and I helped. The camera of course was malfuntioncing so I didn't get any pictures of mom digging in her carpet bag. At the end of the night as I was strapping Jack into the car seat I noticed Jack's curls all wet and matted down on his head. I took of his Jacket and he was so sweaty. I just laughed at the contrast between Jack's post trick or treating to my childhood ones.Jack and I spent the night at Mom and Dad's. Once Jack was down mom, dad and I watched a scary movie where Mom scared dad and I and the dogs half to death with her scream. Halloween day was spent going out to lunch, shopping and swimming.We made it home just in time for dinner. We had our traditional Halloween dinner of chili and cider (traditions will be traditions wherever we live in the country) I made sugar cookies and had just finished decorating them when Jack got out of the tub. We finished our Halloween night with a cookie.
So yes it was quite the different Halloween for the Balls family...it was a very Florida Halloween.