Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So... sometimes I am not so crafty

This weekend after Grace and Jack were tucked nicely in their beds and the boys (TJ and Jason) were downstairs playing wii. Cami and I made gingerbread houses. We had picked out some great candy earlier at the store and were eager to get started. We used graham crackers instead of gingerbread due to time constrants. Things started out great I had done my tile roof it was on..I had my windows up with little flower boxes below. I was having some difficulty with my door and after fussing with it for a while it finally held but then the walls started to buckle the roof sagged and my cute little gingerbread house fell to pieces.
(the picture of my almost finished almost destroyed house)
And...here it is a second later..gone gone gone! At least the frosting was great!

The building process

Cami and her house. Look how beautiful it is! It even has a car port, a brick walk way and cococut shaving snow.

A close up of the masterpiece.
So I have to say that sometimes I am just not crafty...I tend to start out with good intentions but sometimes the end result is not what it should be. Plus on the positive side Cami had a degree in this stuff so how can I even compare? It was a really fun time with Cami though we ate a lot of candy and had some great conversation and we have cute pictures for some proof that I attempted it all.
On a sidenote... to redeem myself I have to say I made a dang awesome wreath today out of pine cones and it DID look like the one in my holiday Martha Stewart book.