Monday, November 17, 2008

A post all about food....

The holiday season is upon us and already this year I have indulged on holiday food items that I have not been able to eat in two years! I started early around Halloween and had my first glass of egg nog (this was a big no no these last two years...something about egg and dairy together in a drink not so safe for the immune system) There is nothing like a good cup of nog in the morning to get your day started right? Whilst at the store last week with Jason for a simple dinner supplement visit I discovered or rather re-discovered all the holiday treats I get to enjoy yet again after a long absence. Things such as sparkling apple cider, in the hospital last year there was a little bottle that Jason got from a New Year's Party in the lobby of the hospital that sat on the counter in my hospital room just taunting me. I was then on a all ice chips diet so was not able to consume any sparkling cider. Also I am able to consume ice cream and I saw that they not only had peppermint but other flavors such as pumpkin pie and egg nog. I am not sure how I feel about the last two flavors but the peppermint ice cream brought me back to memories of my mom in the house on center street serving us a nice cup of this joyous ice cream post our Christmas eve dinner. I felt like a kid again when I thought of all the endless things I can enjoy this holiday food wise. What can I say food has always been and important thing in my life. When I was little I would often ask my mom what we were going to have for breakfast the next morning so that i could rest peacefully dreaming of my next meal. I cannot say enough of the joy that I feel that this year I have taste buds and I can enjoy life's simple pleasures. Kinda crazy to post about food but it is kinda a big deal this year! One last food thought if you are looking for a great holiday drink I would suggest the new pomegranate 7-up it is quite refreshing and delightful.