Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

It is at the end of a very good day that it is good to post. I had a wonderful Halloween and it was made even sweeter because it was a day of marked improvement. It was great to be out doing the things that I couldn't do last year. There were several times today that tears came to my eyes because I was so happy to be here, to be healthy and life was pretty normal and we were out doing normal Halloween things with Jack. He sure ate a lot of candy today but I kept saying "hey it's Halloween so go for it." I will probably regret that choice tomorrow when Jack is coming off his sugar high. Jack was a cowboy and made the rounds today. We had a Jack O' Lantern pizza for lunch with Papa Seth. Jack took a trip to see his great grandparents then we went and visited Grandma Pat and watched the costume parade at her school. Jason also took Jack around at work and we visited with some friends then ended the night at the Aggie basketball game. Jason and I concluded the night with silence and scones. I made every treat that I wanted and probably ate way to much candy but hey it is Halloween and it is good to be able to celebrate it like it should be celebrated. I have said it before but I will say it again "the bitter is bitter but it sure makes the sweet even sweeter."



Jason and Jack watching the Aggie basketball game, a great conclusion to the day