Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Change..nothing is as constant as change

I meant to write this right after conference on Sunday but lately our computer has been dominated by Jack. He has fallen in love with little Einstein's which we downloaded onto our computer (as you can see above). I am sure all of you agree that conference was quite wonderful. I loved it so very much and for some reason this conference hit me hard. I think it has to do with the fact that when they talked about trials and hope and getting through the rough times by depending and leaning on the Savior I felt good that I was on the other side of the spectrum. I have to agree with all that was said that at times it seems like you will never make it but you can do it. I loved President Monson's talk he gave in the Sunday morning session about change. I knew exactly what he was talking about and was such a great reminder to celebrate the little things in life and have joy in the journey. I loved that he said (I am paraphrasing here) "Time never stands still it must steadily march on with the marching comes the changes. Find joy in the journey now. Not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for the elusive and nonexistent future where you will find the time to do what you want to do. There is not tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today."
I really know that this does make a difference. I thought of all those times I was in the hospital and the doctors would make their rounds and I would tell them that I was having a hard time being in seclusion and not being at home. I missed the mundane things like getting Jack dressed, making meals for him and Jason, getting him ready for bed and reading and playing with him. When I was depressed that is the place I would go...I would be at home taking care of Jack. Now I am at that place and I still have to remind myself to enjoy each day....it is hard even when I thought I would never forget or complain. I am thankful for a living and Prophet who is called of God to give us these inspiring messages. Sorry this is so long but I will end with my favorite part of his talk. Rather than dwelling on the past we should make the most of today. The tiny fingerprints that appear on every just cleaned surface, the toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of laundry scattered about the house will disappear all too soon and that to your surprise you will miss them profoundly. What is most important almost always involves the people around us."They do not love that do not show their love."
I thought this picture was the perfect representation of that last statement. Just later on Sunday afternoon this what Jason and I found when we went in to get Jack up from his nap. Apparently he just wanted to emphasize President Monson's point. We will miss this when it is gone.