I wasn't expecting anything big and just wasn't feeling super in to celebrating this year. I guess I am getting grumpy in my old age. Despite my lackluster feelings toward this birthday it turned out to be quite the memorable one.
The night before my birthday Jason started to make a cake.
I didn't want any cake so Jason said he was making one for when the missionaries came over.
He ended up making a really good cake and he and Jack iced it! They totally did a better job than any of the cakes I have frosted. The cake had candles and my family and the missionaries sung to me in the kitchen.
We have some awesome missionaries serving in our ward, both Elders and Sisters!
It is always great to have them in our home and to feel the sweet spirit they bring and to make great friendships with so many of them. I love to feed them because they will eat anything and all of it!
The Elders were teaching us a lesson about the Plan of Salvation. They were talking about baptism and how it is the first ordinance of the gospel. They were talking about when we get baptized it is like opening the gate to Heaven and eternal life. Jack happened to have some Lego's on the table and they immediately grabbed them and began tying them into the lesson. Jack was very attentive. Lego's are his language. They also used his Lego temple he built with Dad a couple of conferences ago. They just kept coming up with more and more analogies. It was a great night, Jack was so excited!
My Birthday started the next day with breakfast in bed and this cute little boy who joined me.
Mom and Dad drove me and Jack into Orlando for lunch, where we met up with Jason. He took the afternoon off from work and we all headed to the beach. I wanted a new boogie board so we stopped at Ron Jon's surf shop at Cocoa Beach. Jack and I got new boards and a few other things and headed to the beach!
I took my board out for a several rides! I got one really sweet wave where I just kept going. It was the best!
After a couple of hours we packed up our good and had a picnic right there by the ocean. It was full of all of my favorite things. I loved it. It was quiet and we didn't have to wait for our food or fight for seating for such a great dining location.
![]() |
| You can't see it but that huge sparkler was on a mini cupcake. I was living on the edge! |
It was fun to spend family time celebrating at the beach.
I got calls, texts, cards and presents from so many it was really a great day.















