Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Christmas Season

 Our first Christmas in our new house was a month full of memories I will not forget.

We got to put lights on our house and even wrapped around our palm trees. We had several gatherings in our home. I had fun decorating our new space and it made me happy. We spent many nights around the glow of the Christmas trees!



We got to have Ranell for Christmas this year. 
I had so much fun spending Christmas eve day in the kitchen with her making our Christmas feast.

For our feast we had the Sister Missionaries over and a great family friend. Meredith also joined us but poor Jake was working. We started the night with a nice dinner and then after we had a bit of a talent show and sing a long.

 

Aunt Nelly taught a song to Jack that he played for all of us!

Jack putting out cookies for Santa. His note was so cute. "Dear Santa you don't have to eat all the cookies" they were big cookies.
 Christmas Day!
Every year Jason and I don't usually get each other big gifts. Our big thing is stuffing each other stockings. We buy things throughout the year for both of us. This year Jason was a bad boy and Christmas morning there was a big bag with my name on it from Jason.
 I got a big girl showing machine! What a great surprise.
Jason had to work so he headed off to the hospital for a couple of hours.
We watched the Disney Christmas parade, a tradition and relaxed.
Nelly sporting all her sweet new winter garb! I love her so!
Jack spent his afternoon building his Lego Castle he got from Santa!

Jake and Meredith hosted us for Christmas dinner. It was wonderful and so fun to be together for Christmas and neither of them had to work! It was a Christmas miracle!


What a day it was! I was exhausted by the time we got home but it was that good kind of exhaustion that I feel that often. It was a very great Christmas and probably a personal favorite of mine.