On October 5th Jason turned 31!
The poor guy was on call so he had to go in to work. As soon as he got home Jack and I had him open our present to him.
Jason's "stache" of candy!
All Jason wanted to do was take a nap, watch conference and help paint the kitchen and go out for Mexican food. A boy easy to please.
After we went to dinner and the boys listened to priesthood the events of our day changed. I have been having chest paint that had progressively gotten worse. By the time it was time to head to bed I was really worried, I was in a lot of pain. Jason thought that it would be best to bring me in to the unit to run tests. So at 11 at night we headed to the hospital. We didn't even get to have cake, but I did make sure he blew out his candles on his birthday.
Jason slept in a chair(not the chair pictured below thankfully!) and then got up early to go round since he was still on call. I had a number of tests all Sunday and Monday.
I finally got back to my room in time to listen to the last hour of conference. Jason was done rounding and he got in bed next to me and we listened to conference. It was one of my favorite moments, it was familiar moment. Something that has happened countless times. I know Jason and I are so good for each other. He has the ability to calm me down and make me happy in any situation. Just over the two days I was in the hospital I realized how we had the routine down dressing, showering, sleeping and just getting through our time in the hospital. It was just the two of us connecting and getting through. As weird as it may be to say I know those moments are what have cemented us together, he truly is my other half, holding me up and helping me heal and progress. I am so glad this man was born and that I get to live my life with him!
Monday night I was sent home with an incision in my groin from a cardiac catheter and little answers. My heart is healthy though no disease or sign of irregularity. The next step looking at other sources such as my esophagus and stomach as a cause of the chest pain. I had a endoscope last Monday and will go over the results next week. There is something going on in my stomach so we will see and go from there. As for now I am still experiencing pain and all the procedures have left me greatly fatigued. Plus I came down with pink eye that is taking forever to get over! I am surviving, simplifying, resting and trying to stay upright to keep up and take care of my family.
I have a wonderful support system near and far, that is the only way I am able to do any of this. My parents have been such a blessing. Taking and picking Jack up from school and taking care of him and the house when I just can't. In Jack's words Nana makes us yummy things to eat. Jason has managed my care and it is nice to talk about my disease with someone who knows about GVHD and let me cry on him with frustration. Life is full of hard and good times. I find it is the people in your life that are there to help share those moments that make up a good and happy life despite what is going on around you.
![]() |
| One of my many cheerleaders! That face could get you through anything! |
![]() |
| Even a care package of chocolate covered cinnamon bears and red cream soda, my favorites, all the way from Utah from the Archers. TJ took a big risk transporting that soda in his suitcase. |









