While Cami was here I had so much fun with her bouncing off decorating ideas and getting her great help. I go to stores to pick out stuff by myself and usually end up walking away because I needed another opinion.I had a list of things I needed her help with and it was so fun going to the store and having her agree with my ideas and help make my ideas better. I really appreciated the help. Here is the progression of the family room.
We had just got to painting and hanging the curtains right before all he guests came. I had limited decor and no pictures up.
A little Cami magic.
She is so good at putting together a room. I had been on moving and furniture placing overload. She came in there and made me feel so much better, using what I had to fill the room.
The behind the scenes picture of putting together the picture wall.
Finished product.
We painted the coffee table as well. I found this great ottoman that works for the chair, instead of one big coffee table this made the area more open for traffic flow. (don't mind the paint samples on the stairs...that is this weekend's project.)
The view from the front door.
Amazing what a little paint and some curtains can do.
The view from above on the stairs.
The only before picture, this was taken the day after we moved in.
After. Fun to see the progress.
This was me and Cami one night looking at our work from that day.
The next project(s) for this room
Crown molding, wainscoting and painting of the bookcase.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Another little project that we worked on. Our new island is huge and instead of getting five new stools, which would have been really expensive. I used two that we already had and my parents gave us three that they still had from the home on Center. I wanted to paint them two different colors.
At first they were going to be a yellow and gray. I put the yellow on and it was no good. Then we decided to go with coral and gray. The gray I loved but the coral turned out way too pink.
I tried the darkest coral on my paint samples and they turned out to be the perfect color. I would never have known just looking at the color so our little pink chairs did help in the long run. A big shout out to Ranell, Jason and Cami for helping paint those chairs!
It's all trial and error but it's nice when if finally comes out how you imagined it.








