Jack had been staying at Mom and Dad's for a week. I spent a couple days up at girls camp with the young woman and then had my second Rituxan treatment for my GVHD. It was a hard week and by the time Saturday hit I was more than ready to be reunited with Jack. When we walked in to mom and dad's Jack came running to me and it calmed my anxious heart. It never felt so good to be with both my boys again.
The treatments have made me feel funny and just not myself but that afternoon I got to just lay on the couch and watch the boys play. I can't believe how healing that was. To be surrounded by my family really was the medicine that I needed. It was also fun to hear Jack, Nana and Pepi recount their week of adventures together. Once again my family has come to my rescue and I couldn't be more thankful.
We had a lazy afternoon and had fun playing in the pool. It is Summer alright and I think this was the first time I have gotten into the pool this year. A sign of Summer to me for sure.
I got to spend some time that night with my friends at book club and it made me miss our former neighborhood and ward. Sunday we attended church with Mom and Dad. It was great to be with Dad on Father's day and to listen to mom give a wonderful talk in sacrament and to be reunited with friends. Jason had duties in our ward so he wasn't able to join us at church but arrived back to mom and dad's in time to spend the afternoon out playing in the pool with Jack. That is one of the things that I love about Jason. He is such a hands on father and does so much with Jack. They play so different from anything I can do and it is fun to watch Jack and Jason's faces light up together. Dad helped blow up my barge and mom provided us with snacks and Popsicle breaks. It is just so great to be at their house it is so beautiful and welcoming and relaxing for sure.
| Love you dad! |
We finished off the night with a father's day meal complete with Steak, potatoes, a wonderful watermelon arugula salad topped off with cake!
| One of Nana and Jack's projects from the week. They turned out so cute. |
It was just a nice relaxing weekend and it was so wonderful that night to make that drive back home with both my boys.