Sunday, April 29, 2012

Small Steps

These last couple of weeks I have been working hard in physical therapy, attending my appointments and taking all my meds. I even went and got all my shots! With all of this work and meds I am seeing progress and it feels so good. Each day I accomplish small little things that I have not been able to do for a long time. It is encouraging for me and the boys. When I do something that I couldn't do like reaching across the table or to the back of the car there is always a exclaim of praise from them. These little things really keep me going. Especially on those days when I find myself passed out on the couch from exhaustion after a physical therapy session.
Just today I was reunited with my Sunday afternoon routine by being able to READ a couple chapters from my book.
My eyes grow tired fast but it's a small step up.
Also today.....
I didn't have to apply my make up on the way to church, giving more time for my swelling eyes to go down. I had my make up on before we left the house.
I was able to put my arm around Jason in church
Read and actually taught a lesson not sick.
Ate a cupcake because it actually looked good to me.
Brought Sunday brunch back! I am hungry and excited about food again. Today I fantasized all through church what I was going to be making for brunch. This familiar habit of thinking of my next meal to get me through has been missed.


The small things really add up to progress!