With all the updating accomplished of the graduation trip, the Utah trip and Birthday celebrations I want to document our "real life" as of late as we are in the midst of making big decisions. Jason's job with Moffitt fell through the day before his last day of rotations and just before graduation. Devastated does not begin to describe what we felt with that news. Suddenly the secure life and easy transitions were no more and had us scrambling. After a couple of interviews Jason was offered a job that met all the requirements that we were seeking after. He will continue on in Oncology and will round at hospitals which will give him the experience he will need to be a good candidate if a position opens up in the BMT department in the future. We were blessed that he received this position but with it comes big changes. He will rotate between three different hospitals over in the Orlando area, which means a move. A new ward. school, housing all has to be considered. It is bittersweet, we are happy to have the job but we love it some much here. In our style it has been a year in our apartment and that seems to be how long we stay in one. There are still many things we do not know for sure. When Jason will start, he is currently working on and submitting all the paperwork verifying his credentials and other important information. We don't know when we are going to move or where. Jason will commute for a while so we can take our time finding the right place for us. So as for now we are just taking it day by day. This also seems to be our style and for as long as life has been this way we should be better at it. Living day by day is the pits when planning for the future. During this time we have both felt very restless. We were so grateful for the Utah trip, it really could not have come at a better time. It was in fact the day after we got home that Jason got the welcomed call offering him the position. Then this weekend with conference brought another rush of reassurance to calm our restless souls.
There were so many wonderful talks but one that I loved and have since listened to many times was the talk given by Elder Cook about mortal challenges. I especially loved how he communicated how life can be changed and become more meaningful when viewed through the wide and clear lens of the Gospel. I felt that way while I was sick. When I was focused on the mortal things I was depressed and life seemed unfair. But as soon as I learned to focus on the Eternal perspective of things I was able to feel that peace I had been so desperate to find. How sweet a reminder it was to me of those feelings which sadly had faded, and I realized how much I was viewing life too much through my "mortal lens".
We still have those moments of restlessness but there is that comfort that comes from the Gospel that reassures us that we can deal with, and accept all change in front of us. It is after all good changes coming our way which is always a welcome thing.
I had to post the activity Jack and I did during conference. I got these off of the sugardoodle website. It's a paper chain of the Prophet and all the Apostles. We had a fun time coloring the ties to match the ones we saw them each wearing. I wrote the session they spoke in and a little about each talk. It's hanging in Jack's room and I smile and chuckle every time I look at it, it turned out so cute.

