Monday, August 1, 2011

Jackson Happenings

The other day I was having a conversation with my sister Cami about the things our kids are into these days. We laughed at the differences between what was going on at my house as I was dealing with a almost five year old boy and what she was dealing with at her house with an almost five year old girl. It has been interesting because growing up with sisters on both sides of me and a brother who was older I didn't really know what was going on in boy world and it is all new to me. Jack can play with cars for hours and I just don't know what to do after I push the car around the track a couple of times and he gets frustrated with me over that. Besides playing and racing his cars around and around we do play with other things.

This is what Jack is into these days as a soon to be five year old boy.

He plays with and pretends to be super heroes.
I don't mind and can do this one especially when I am assigned a good superhero to "be"
Finds joy in potty humor. There have been several instances where Jack will just come up and whisper in our ear "underwear" and fall to the ground laughing.

Being silly!
He does and says a whole lot of silly things. Another favorite thing he likes to do is just randomly whisper or yell "pony". He finds it hilarious. Jason and I have to laugh because it is rather funny and random. When he is in a super silly mood he will combine the two together and say "pony underwear." that one sends him over the top.
Legos are a big deal as well. 
The other day Jack and I built a scene from Cars 2. Here the cars are racing through Tokyo.
Jack has quite the social life. Just this last week we had a friend over on Wednesday to play (which they spent the whole two hours in his room playing cars)  Then we went to the beach with friends on Thursday. Friday we had another friend over for pizza and pool time and even some bike riding. It is great to have such fun friends around to do stuff with.
He is getting really good in the water. A month ago we could not get him to go under water now we can't get him to stay above water for very long.
 He loves to play games. 
He is not the most graceful loser but is getting better at not pouting for too long at least.
Riding bikes. 
Jack is Jason's son for sure. He has four bikes that he has been riding. One is his balance bike, one a trike, one is a big bike with training wheels and one is a little bike with petals and no training wheels. He has not wanted to ride the little bike because that is the one Jason really wanted him to ride. Being the stubborn child he is he finally just started riding it after months of encouragement and what do you know he actually likes it!