I don't have a lot of pictures of my Grandma she was not into having her picture taken. I did have this one that was taken before I moved back to Utah to get married. It was taken after one of our lunches together. Something that has happened for as long as I can remember especially the ones since we moved here. It was so wonderful to be able meet and catch up over lunch. My grandma and I would always talk about the books that we were reading and trade recommendations.
The last lunch I had with her was a great memory. It was with Cami and TJ and the kids in January. I sat across from her and the whole time we talked about books and movies. Grandma loved to talk about her movies and name off all the good looking actors that were in them. It was a wonderful visit and I am grateful for that moment.
We all just wanted to have some quality time together so Sunday night Mom and Dad come over for dinner. Being outside enjoying the fresh air always seems to do your body good so we made it a cookout. While Jason maned the grill the rest of us played a game of croquet.
Over dinner we reminisced over Grandma's life and our memories of her. Mostly importantly a prayer was issued in behalf of Mom, her siblings and especially to Granddad during this difficult time. For there is no greater comfort that can be given as stated so perfectly in Mosiah 15:8
the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
I am grateful for my sweet Grandmother's life and all the wonderful memories she has given me and the influence has been in my life.