Our Sunday ran down like this
We had church then linger longer which was a thing to love, food right away so boys don't get fussy as soon as week get home while I try to fix something. It was Sunny all the way home and I closed my eyes and let it warm my face. Jackson went straight down for a nap...that is not all he went down with NO fighting or stalling. A tender mercy to his mother. With naps and other quiet activities going on the house was peaceful...nothing like it has been all week. I got to calm down completely with a little medicated help. Another tender mercy we met a wonderful new oncologist on Friday who was asked and provided me with my anxiety medicine. This was a small mercy because I was getting anxious just thinking about how to ask him right before he asked and instantly prescribed. Thank you Dr.George! With my mind clear I was able to change my perspectives on many things that had been bothering me. It felt good to let go of the negative things. Mom and Dad show up with a full picnic basket and we head over to our pool area to grill and have hamburgers by the fire.
| Dad was found by the fire just like his dad. Grandpa Benchley whenever we had gathering at our house and the fire was going he was there. |
Jack walking around and checking things out and making discoveries in his frog boots of course.
Running to Nana to get a burger. Mama sure did work that grill.
Jack found places to hide out and lay in. He also told us a ghost story...always our little entertainer.
I have always loved how my mom and dad often embrace and show how much they love each other.
They have always done this
I love spending almost the whole day with my husband and love my that one of the negative things I let go was that I hated never seeing or spending time with him. It helped me realize the positive that has come from this current rotation.
With his recent schedule and getting home late we have found ourselves having marathon netflix nights (Kate and Griffin you know what show I am talking about because you were the ones who got us started.) just because we don't want to go to bed. Seems a lot like when we were dating staying up late because you didn't want the other one to say good night and leave. We have been talking more due to the fact that Jack is asleep and we get to be just us for a couple of hours.
Then back to the apartment where Nana is slowly convincing us all to reinstate Sunday game night by buying the playing fun games with Jack. I love this because I was always the one pushing for game night for years. Thanks for taking on that role mom.
Oh and it was also nice to take a rest while Jack had someone else to play his games with.
then the love and peace bubble of Sunday broke. Jack started the whining and the stalling ritual before bed which got heated and Jack was sent to bed without a story with a promise to do better tomorrow.
After all of that, the thing that I loved the most TODAY was... walking into church being surrounded and conversing with people who testify and believe the same things I do. That was wonderful and just what I needed to help get me through another week.
Sunday you were a good day today....see you next week!


