We had a fun filled week when Grandma and Grandpa Balls came to town. Unfortunately I got hit hard with sickness the day after they arrived and didn't take too many pictures but the ones that I got are a great representation of the fun we had and especially Jack had with his Grandparents.
Jack and Papa were playing outside and it was a little chilly so Jack came inside to get both of them some blankies to keep them warm. It was so fun to watch them play and cuddle up in the blankets.There was a lot of playing with cars, trucks, legos and trains. A lot of trips to the park and bike riding helping Jack become good and comfortable with peddling. There was also a trip to the beach one afternoon to our favorite burger place right on the beach but I was too sick to go and I asked Jason to take the camera but he left it on the table.
For New Years eve we got together over at my parents house for fun games, food and fireworks
I made it to ten but had to leave and put my tired, achy body to bed. Jackson protested and didn't want to leave but he was like this by the time we got home...which takes about 10 min
New Years day we headed to Fort De Soto beach. We had a picnic out in the sun and then headed to spend time just chilling on the beach. It was super windy but it was nice to just be outside. We had planned on bike rides up and down the trails that run along the coast but that pesky wind. This year we will finally ride our beach cruisers on/by the beach. That is my goal!
| A classic Jack at the beach picture. Pepi designs a track and Jack is set. Dad had to get creative with this one since we didn't have any sand tools so he used a soda can and his shoe. |
Pat and Seth we had such a good time with you. I still feel bad that I was so sick but I think Jackson loved all the quality one on one time he got to spend with you without Mom and Dad. The morning after you left Jack asked when you were coming over and when I reminded him that you had flown home he cried for a long time. It broke my heart but also made me realize we can't go that long again!