Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why? Questions and Reminders.

Why is it that after we have a great weekend we have a horrible start to the week? Every time without fail. Yesterday was one of those days because of our big day Saturday. The culprits were my body and Jack. My body protested the weekend early Monday morning and persisted through the day. Oh to feel my age. It is so funny how the very treatments that saved my life have put a definite strain on my body. It is a battle every day with it...and also with Jackson. Is this how having a four year old in going to be? We are not even a month into his fourth year and he battles with me over everything.  I was talking to my mom about my woes and she remarked that she remembered those days and empathized but then later she talked about how she misses us being little. The same scenario with Jack like unto my body takes affect. He in one of the things that brings me great joy in my life but has that side effect that sucks the energy and patience out of me.
So is this how I am going to feel when Jack isn't little anymore? Just like I long for my young healthy body. I didn't know how good I had it till I didn't have it anymore. How I took it for granted.Will it really be like that?
Will I long for days like yesterday? Jack went on a rampage and made his room a disaster zone after I had spent all the energy I had just to get through the tower of laundry and do the simple household chores that shouldn't have taken that many hours to stop and help or encourage him to clean it up. I had nothing left. Then the temper tantrums the slamming doors, nap and food refusals  the spitting (that's new) and just the stubborn attitude.The night ending with a failed FHE and me in tears? No I will not long for days like that but it is only because those bad days will have been washed away by the good days which is a great thing but I am just putting this out there. A humble reminder to myself, all days were not sunny and bright. So when I look back and long for these days just a little reminder of what happened in between those sunny days. Because if I long for these days in future years like I long for my old body this will be a well needed and comforting reminder.
Just a portion of the disaster zone in Jack's room.