It's been a while since I did a Jason update. This is a very busy and important time for him plus he just celebrated a birthday so what better time to spotlight him. Jason just finished his first rotation at the health department in OBGYN. He took and passed his big test last Friday! Now he is in his second rotation in ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat) Jason commutes about an hour each way so there was a big need for a second car. Jason's wonderful and generous parents helped us out big time to get him this snazzy commuter car.
Two things that this car has that are perfect for Jason, it gets good gas mileage and has a great air conditioner! Some might say Jason has a cooling off problem...and he lives in Florida so air is a must for him!
We don't see him as much during the day like we used to but he is always home for dinner and usually stays at home! We like that, even if he is studying in another room at least he is home with us.I really like him in his professional dress. I cannot help but take his picture...well really I took this picture because I love going to the store with Jason and he has to push this wide race car down the narrow isles. It is one of my favorite things. I laugh the whole time. It never gets old.
Jason's birthday was Tuesday. He didn't want to go out to eat or anything for his celebration. What he wanted was pot pie at home with cake. Since it was his birthday and his wish that is what he got. A quiet family party at home and I made his favorite pot pie and red velvet cake.
Next birthday he will be out of school and we can really party!
Jason has started getting back on his bike. With the nice weather and our new location there is much to be explored. I love when he talks about cycling. He gets this big smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. We are all so grateful that he has that stress reliever and now has some time for it again. Another big thing for Jason last night he took his son and signed him up for soccer. So December through February we will get to spend Saturday mornings at Jackson's soccer games. Something Jason has talked about for a long time watching Jack in sporting events. Just another reminder that we and Jack are getting older and it all happened so fast. Big things for Jason these days.
I had to add these pictures of Jack and Jason tonight playing soccer. Jason came home with cleats and shin guards and right after dinner they went and tried them out. It was the cutest sight.
| Teaching Jack the rules of the game. Mostly not to touch or pick up the ball. |