Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Love List

It is February! A month that is for some reason or another a month all about love. This month I am going to do a love list. Things that I love. Kinda like what we all do at Thanksgiving our thankful list. With a new start of 2010 it is another year...a start of another year away from the bad. There is so much to love these days and I want to remember.
Today on my love list
Having Hair!
It may sound odd or superficial but I love having hair! Longer hair to be specific. For me it is a symbol of the progress I have made. I haven't had to shave my head in two years! Crazy! I didn't realize how much hair can define a woman till I had none. I like how today no one would know that I had gone through any kind of cancer treatment. Short short hair kinda gives it away and people were always asking if I was just daring to have such a short haircut or I had it for some "medical reasons." I love having hair that blends into the crowd.
Here is a look back of my progress of my hair these last four years. In between the bald of course
2006 before it all began again.
2007 after the first transplant. My hair took forever to grow back. This picture was in August and I had my treatments in March.
that hair grew into this. This curly Afro stage. This picture was taken about a week before I started losing it again. I was in treatment getting ready for my second transplant.
2008 started like this. After my second transplant. Just after I got to move back home to Logan. In yet another apartment and ward. Which luckily grew into this a couple months later.2009 brought the need for my first haircut in a couple of years
and the landmark year where I was able to start to wear it up again.
Then to the beginning of 2010.A lot of transformation but definitely something to love these days.