Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is a true definition of Jackson Cooper these days. Potty training this kid has been such a struggle. I have tried EVERYTHING people have suggested, things that I have read and he won't budge. He would rather hold it all day than do what I ask him to do. He has to do everything on his own. Yesterday we had an episode that showed how true this definition is. He saw some peeps in the pantry. He asked to have one. I reminded him that he didn't like peeps. He always just takes one bite and hands it back to me. He said that he wanted it. I told him I would give him one but he had to eat it, again reminding him that he didn't like it. He said he wanted it and he would eat it. So I gave it to him. He holds it a while...takes one bite and then comes and hands it to me. " I don't want it." Yep that is what I told you but he is already gone playing with his toys. Fast forward to this morning when he asked for a peep....and round and round we go.
I say he gets it from his father....Jason says he gets it from his mother...It's probably both and also the fact that he is a three year old. All I have to say is when Jack is potty trained I am going on a long vacation to unwind all the tension, I hope I make it.