Sunday, January 24, 2010

Joy

Last night our prayers were answered and efforts paid off.
There were shouts of joy and dancing all around.
Jack finally after a five month hiatus went in the potty all by himself!
Much celebration was had.
Calls to Daddy, Grandma, Papa, Nana and Pepi, each praising Jack in his accomplishment.
Dinner was abandoned on the table as we went out for frozen yogurt, luckily Kate got home from work early and got to join us.
Then to the store to get our potty party provisions that was promised(say that three times fast)if he went, to have with dad when he was home Sunday.
Jack and his proud and rather in shock mother enjoying our favorite frozen yogurt treat
The beginning of the potty party (may sound odd but we promised him a party and we need to remind him what the party was for) We had brenner-breakfast for dinner- A Sunday tradition at our house now since church gets out later and I am too exhausted to make a huge meal. Jack just wanted the meat.
With his cookie cake!
We both earned this! Seriously.
And for Heaven's Sake Jack went again today and made it through the whole day without an accident! I may seem a little over the top but this has been such a struggle that it really was something to be celebrated! It is times like these how I think my life has changed now that I am a mother. My weekend was awesome because my son went the bathroom! Party Animal!