Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Work In Progress

This weekend our apartment got quite the face lift. We finally got to the painting! We have been waiting for a long time to paint walls again. The colors are quite bold...but we love them...we are a fan of color. At first I thought there were a little too bold but we are in Florida and the Cuban influence is everywhere. Mind you there is still a lot to come such as curtains, I have my fabric to make pillows and such that will tie the colors together but here is the progress we have made so far.
Dad, Kate and Mom came to help today and the Men did a great job finishing the painting. We occupied Jack by playing with cars and we took him to the mall to get out of the apartment and for mom to hit the sales. I think Jason really loved the assistance from my dad. I tried to help but I am still feeling under the weather and I am not the spring chicken that I once was.

Mom entertaining Jack. He brought out all his cars and wanted his "road" quilt put on our bed so he could drive. The view from our bedroom.

The view from the kitchen, by the front door. The blue looks different in person than in the pictures it is not as light.
A sneak peak of Jack's room. Dad and Jason stayed home while we went shopping and painted the road in Jack's room. Dad made some great car stencils that we are adding tomorrow. Pictures of the final product to come!
Today it felt like my childhood again... home improvement projects on holidays with my dad. I am still getting used to seeing my mom, dad and Kate so often. We are also still getting used to thunderstorms. I think I have seen more lightning and heard more thunder this week than I have in my entire life! In fact Jack said yesterday when a huge thunder clap occurred "thunder again?" It is quite the new experience for us all.