Monday, March 30, 2009

It's here!

Tonight just as Jack and I were finishing dinner a rather late father arrived home. He said there was someone at the front door and that needed to come in...I knew what he was up to but played along and when I opened the door lo and behold there was my new bike! Jack was so excited he ran around the room and got his bike. It is sad that we have to ride our bikes inside because it is still snowy, wet and cold outside.
I have waited years for this day where I am healthy enough to get into cycling. I still remember Jason taking me on a bike ride when we were dating and I thought wow this is great when you get tired you can just coast. That was the day I said good bye to my running days...I think I have put in my miles with cross country and long distance track. I am excited to get back into that kind of shape!
If you can't tell in this picture I am sad....I want to go but too cold and snowy......so I wear my helmet and look at the snowy ground. That helped.

and defiantly too cold out for these white legs...I don't think purple is a good color for them.

So you will all have to hold out for pictures of me in my short spandex shorts, jersey and racing gloves.....See another reason to look forward to warmer weather here in Utah!