Monday, February 16, 2009

Jack, Kate and Whitney's adventure to the beach

Today we went on a little adventure. Kate had the day off from school and work so she was our driver and we went to the beach. First off we had lunch with Grandad John and Grandma Judy Russell. I left the camera in the car so no pictures of them but we had a good time. Jack loved his new "cool car" and plane he recieved. It is great to be able to visit with my grandparents, it is has been great how much we have seen them this year. I will just tell the story through pictures of our day. It was a fun one.
Jack's set up in the Kate's car. She had nemo on in honor of our trip to the beach, he had his juice and snacks. What a life.
After lunch we went to Passe Grille beach in St. Pete. It was super windy on this beach. Jack didn't care and Kate was hoping for sun so this is what they were doing.


Meanwhile this is what I was doing. Sitting with my back to the wind. I hate wind so I was not shedding any layers.


We left that beach and went to Fort De Soto Beach in an attempt to escape the horrible wind. It was nicer there and Jack loved to watch the ferry. I love this picture. His discarded sand pail and his trail in the sand as he watches the ferry.



A group photo. It was still a little windy and I wanted to be warm so the layers stayed on.

Jack wanted to be close to Kate...of course. Playing with his new car.

My hair after our time in the wind. On our way back to Mom and Dad's.

I think this was Kate's highlight of the day. She found the elusive hostess snoballs at a 7-11. Just last night she was talking about how bad she wanted one and could not find them. She literally came bouncing out of the store with excitement.
It was a great Florida day.