Friday, January 30, 2009

You know you are pretty sick when...

you take a trip to Florida and the place most frequented the first week is the neighborhood pharmacy. This week has been rough. I have been pretty sick. I caught what Jack had (the cold/cough stuff) but because I am me...I got it worse than anyone else. Sunday night I ended up at the instacare with a really bad ear ache. After waiting a while and seen by a doctor I was sent my way with the diagnosis of a bad ear infection and scripts for antibiotics. Five days later all the medicine is gone and my right ear is still clogged. My family has been a great help taking care of Jack for me and making sure they talk into my "good" ear. I am hoping that this clears up soon because I have work to do, to find us a place to live. I have been however lucky enough to go sit out in the sun and enjoy the warmth.

(soaking in some healing rays)

I don't mean to complain but wanted to apologize to all of my family members who we got sick. I am sorry and just to let you all know I am going back to being strict again about where we go and who we are around. I don't want to inflict anything on anyone if we can help it. Being sick is the pits and I for one cannot handle more sickness...my body cannot take it and I cannot take a sick toddler. So we are sorry and wish you all a happy recovery. I really am so very very sorry.

On a positive note Jack is feeling better and has been outside every chance he can get. Dad stayed home from work two days this week because he was not feeling well and Jack enjoyed having his "Pepi" around. They fed the birds and Jack has been the biggest chatterbox all week. We are loving the January weather here and are getting used to the feeling of the sun again and the CLEAN air we are breathing into our lungs. It is so very nice to get away from the winter for a little while.