Today I celebrate yet another anniversary. It may sound like a little redundant to celebrate and talk about all these anniversaries but to me it is important to remember what a difference a year can make. Today a year ago was the blessed day that I finally got out of the hospital after my second transplant. I made it a year without a hospital stay!!! It is a great day of reflection and I feel such joy today my life is not what it was a year ago and what a blessing that truly is. Instead of recounting again what I felt I am just re-posting what I wrote on that day.
The little things!
I write to you today from the comforts of Cami's house. I have to say it has been a joy to be out of the hospital. I was released yesterday around eleven. Cami and Grace came to pick me up, it was so cute they let Gracie sit on my lap on my wheelchair ride out. It was the cutest picture (we tried to take one by of course the batteries were dead in the camera) It was good to be out of there but I had mixed emotions. The whole experience of being pushed out of the hospital with all the nurses saying good bye was too familiar. It was just like last time and I swear one of the nurses was standing in the same place last time. Those memories set me off thinking about this last year and I got overwhelmed because I thought oh no I cannot do that year again. However I know this time is different. I have faith that this time it will be different and I am excited to get on with my life.
I didn't do that year again, it has been a year of great healing, continued patience and a whole lot of faith in my Savior to get me through. It is as President Hinckley once stated "The valley's of discouragement make more beautiful the peaks of achievement." What a beautiful year it has been. Today is a very humbling day and I am thankful for days like this...they really do put things into perspective.