Monday, October 13, 2008

Such is the life of a transplant patient



I have a story to tell about a weekend in a life of a recovering transplant patient. Here is the time line of events. Thursday:have good report with doctor all is well...we go off the bad medicine and we celebrate! Friday: Wake up with funny tail bone pain, think nothing of it I was in the car all day. Later discover itchy rash. Saturday: No progress just same old rash and pain Sunday: Cannot sit too much pain. Monday: Call down to talk to a nurse, explain symptoms I am told to come in. Drive down to Salt Lake back to the Huntsman, Doctors tell me I have SHINGLES! Not to worry (they tell me) it was bound to happen and they put on more meds. I can't believe how fast things happen with this cancer related stuff. Oh my it keeps my life interesting. Sorry if I gave out too many details but a point needed to be made right. Anyway don't cry for me I am fine. Just going to be medicated for the next couple of days and I have to sit on a pillow. On the bright side I got new sunglasses during this doctor trip..because I broke my other ones on the last doctor trip. (proof is in the picture). Oh such is the life of a transplant patient!
*Another bright note:I am giving Jason some great practice. So when he is a PA he can relate to his patients..yeah my wife had that, and that oh yeah and she had that too!

(not sure what shingles are? Just click on the highlighted word shingles and it will take you to a definition)