Saturday, July 19, 2008

blood pressure




There is nothing too exciting to report but I had an interesting week and thought I would post a questions to see if any else has this problem and what you do about it. So I went to my bi-weekly doctors appt. I drove all the way to Salt Lake on Tuesday for what I thought was a doctors visit. I however got my blood drawn and then they took my blood pressure as always...and it was really low....it was like 74 over 51. So I am around the 90/60 range usually low but that day was so strange I had been feeling fine a little tired and sometimes I get light headed. Anyways they made me wait in the waiting room for like two hours and then they tested me again and it had gone up to 84/55 or something like that. They said that my counts looked good so I was free to go but right before I left they told me that I should be aware that if I feel like half my body is going numb or my chest tightens I need to get to an ER as soon as I could because I could have a stroke..so I get this news and then they say ok see you later. So all the way home I was so worried that I was going to pass out of something. So my question is how does someone raise their blood pressure? I mean I can be stressed and it will still be low. Maybe it is just how I am but I was just wondering if any of you suffered from this? Anyways it is so very odd.....on the good news front we went up the canyon this weekend for Jack's first tinfoil dinner experience he loved it and even did a little dance when we presented him with his dinner. He was really good with staying away from the fire but I think he is still a little ways off from a whole night of camping and such...maybe next year he will go before we move.