Yesterday was my bi-monthly doctors appointment. I took this opportunity to go down to Salt Lake by myself. It was a good visit, my levels are good my cells are continuing to produce the right stuff and all things are getting better including my liver function, which is a relief. I have overcome the sores in my mouth and it is getting a lot easier to eat, but my weight continues to be an issue. I tell them that I eat but I am told I need to pack in the calories as much as I can. You think this would be easy for some reason it has been a real challenge. I have developed some new Graft vs. Host disease this time it is deep under my skin in my fascia. Basically it makes me feel like I have arthritis in my arms. Some days it gets so bad I can't lift myself out of a chair. They were going to put me on steroids but they decided that we will just keep on my immuneosupresants and just wait it out. (Haven't we heard that before.) All in all things are progressing. After my appointment I went out and saw Cami and Grace. They have been in Florida for the last couple of weeks. It was good to catch up with them. It is good that I still have some family close. We went out to lunch and shopping. It was some good girl time and a good break for me. Jason and Jack had a good time at home together. Jason was so wonderful he had cleaned and steamed the floors and had done laundry. I got home late and was unloading when we had a knock on the door and it was the pizza man, he had the wrong house but after he left I was like oh Pizza. So being the good husband he ordered some pizza for me. It came way late and I ate it up fast and then got tired. Let me tell you I am not so young anymore I was up half the night with heartburn. What happened to the good old days when I you could stay up all night eating junk and fill fine the next morning? I guess those days are long gone. Anyways so that is the report things are going well and it is back to the watch and wait situation. Hopefully this will all clear up soon.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Time off.
Yesterday was my bi-monthly doctors appointment. I took this opportunity to go down to Salt Lake by myself. It was a good visit, my levels are good my cells are continuing to produce the right stuff and all things are getting better including my liver function, which is a relief. I have overcome the sores in my mouth and it is getting a lot easier to eat, but my weight continues to be an issue. I tell them that I eat but I am told I need to pack in the calories as much as I can. You think this would be easy for some reason it has been a real challenge. I have developed some new Graft vs. Host disease this time it is deep under my skin in my fascia. Basically it makes me feel like I have arthritis in my arms. Some days it gets so bad I can't lift myself out of a chair. They were going to put me on steroids but they decided that we will just keep on my immuneosupresants and just wait it out. (Haven't we heard that before.) All in all things are progressing. After my appointment I went out and saw Cami and Grace. They have been in Florida for the last couple of weeks. It was good to catch up with them. It is good that I still have some family close. We went out to lunch and shopping. It was some good girl time and a good break for me. Jason and Jack had a good time at home together. Jason was so wonderful he had cleaned and steamed the floors and had done laundry. I got home late and was unloading when we had a knock on the door and it was the pizza man, he had the wrong house but after he left I was like oh Pizza. So being the good husband he ordered some pizza for me. It came way late and I ate it up fast and then got tired. Let me tell you I am not so young anymore I was up half the night with heartburn. What happened to the good old days when I you could stay up all night eating junk and fill fine the next morning? I guess those days are long gone. Anyways so that is the report things are going well and it is back to the watch and wait situation. Hopefully this will all clear up soon.